Sunshine and Smiles

It's always nice to win. It's even nicer when you win from colleagues in the field!

So, with a lot of gratitude and love, I accept the Sunshine Award given to me by the lovely Ananya Kiran ,who blogs here and Swathi Shenoy who blogs here.



Thank you, Ananya and Swathi! It is my first -ever award from a blogger and I am truly happy to get it twice over in one week!!

Swathi had this to say about me and I am touched by the sentiment:

Shailaja is someone who inspires me a lot. Am totally in awe of her. She is the kindest person I met in my blogging journey so far.

Things I need to do, to accept this award:



  1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger/s with a link to the website. Thanks Ananya and Swathi!
  2. Share 10 random facts about myself .
  3. List 10 bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the bloggers who nominated me.)
  4. Let the 10 bloggers know I nominated them.
Well, here are 10 random facts about me, if you want to read them, that is;)


  1. I am rather meticulous when it comes to time.
  2. I am a compulsive list-maker.
  3. I am allergic to cigarette smoke (aren't we all!)
  4. I lose my temper easily but regain my cool equally fast.
  5. I am in awe of my husband who cooks exceedingly well!
  6. I have been known to be very strict when it comes to deadlines (ask my students;)
  7. I adore spending time with my family.
  8. I enjoy a wide variety of books- fiction, non-fiction, comics and more.
  9. I learnt to swim at the age of 32! (And taught few more people to swim too;)
  10. I believe, with all my heart, in the power of prayer.
Ten bloggers who deserve this award, in my opinion, are:

Monica Deshpande: The Weekend Baker

The Red Handed Blog: An Ugly Head

Psych Babbler: Over a cup of coffee

Sreeja Praveen: The Alter Ego

Eli Z: Expat Liv 

Vidya Sury: Vidya Sury

Bhavya: Ishithaa

Tulika Singh: Obsessive Mom

Simran Dhaliwal: Chips n Chutzpah

Tom MacInnes: Cobbie's World

Spread the love and the sunshine. Do drop by and encourage these lovely bloggers :)

Happy Summer , everyone!




Also linking this to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for April

/



Labels: , , , , ,