Quality over everything else

I loved spending quality time with my grandparents. I only interacted briefly with my great-grandparents, since they were in another city.

In that respect, I feel grateful that Gy gets to spend time and learn from her great-grandmother.

Living in the same city, we try and visit her every two weeks or so. Once the vacation comes around, we try and spend a few weeks at a stretch. In this time, Gy revels in helping with the  things that her Thaathi does: washing her own clothes, putting them to dry, walking in the garden, feeding the stray cats that come home every evening, praying, playing card games and folding clothes and putting  them away.

She gets a simple satisfaction when she manages to do all of this and the quality of the time spent truly warms my heart. While the rest of us may not realise the inherent value of these little mundane tasks, Gy is soaking and imbibing the goodness that is her great-grandmother.

We have more to be thankful for than we can imagine.


Word count: 176
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written for the A to Z 2014 Challenge

Q is for quality 

My theme for the month is : Introspection in shades of 11



Also linking this to the Ultimate Blog Challenge for April

/

Liked this post? Share your love using the colourful buttons below. Thank you!

Labels: , , , , , ,