Lessons from daily blogging- {NaBloPoMo Day # 8}

It's day 8 of the NaBloPoMo challenge and there's one thing for sure; it's utterly challenging!

When I started blogging, I would write when the mood struck me. This would be inspired by something I had experienced, either as a mom or as a teacher, and sometimes, just as me.




Daily blogging has helped me in two ways:

1. Discipline- The kind of commitment that you are willing to put in when you set a goal for yourself is both surprising and satisfying. Each evening, I sit down to punch the keys on my laptop and publish a new post and each time, I feel really tired and on the verge of giving up. In the last three days, I came close to just putting up a picture and letting that be the post for the day.

2. Writing- Just sitting down to pen my thoughts has made me look far more closely at my writing skills. I re-read and edit my post twice before I publish it. I scan it to ensure that it is largely readable and not redundant.

And the most satisfying thing about this challenge is that it is its own reward. There is no pot of gold at the end of the journey. I am just relishing the scenery as it passes me by.

Here's to more blogging and more writing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is my contribution to

NaBloPoMo November 2013

Labels: , , , , , , ,